Following three years of extensive work on behalf of Covivio, the prestigious 5-star hotel with its superb "Belle Époque" facade has reopened its doors. Our Eiffage Construction teams worked on the structural work, as well as the facades and waterproofing of the building (macro-lot). Following the city of Nice's inclusion on the UNESCO World Heritage List, this new luxury establishment will strengthen the top-of-the-range hotel offering in the Nice Côte d'Azur metropolitan area. The opening of the palace to the public took place in the presence of Christian Estrosi, Mayor of Nice, its director, Stephane Vilar, and its owner, Tugdual Millet.
This historic establishment, with its "Belle Epoque" façade, was inaugurated in 1848 and is located in the heart of the city of Nice, opposite Place Masséna, the Albert 1er garden and the Promenade des Anglais.
The purpose of this major renovation project was to improve the standing of the 11,500 m² hotel by upgrading it from a 4* to a 5* hotel, but it also represented a major challenge for the tourism influence of the city of Nice.
The Anantara Plaza Hotel has 151 rooms with an unobstructed view of the Promenade du Paillon and the Mediterranean Sea, including a 75 sq. m. presidential suite, 36 suites of at least 40 sq. m. with terrace/balcony, 24 premium rooms and 91 single or double deluxe rooms.
The work programme for this pharaonic project includes
- 1,000 m² of floors demolished and rebuilt in reinforced concrete;
- 4,000 m² of wooden floors or beam-and-slab floors reinforced with mixed floors (wood-concrete);
- About a hundred underpinning of the existing load-bearing walls;
- Renovation of the building's historic facades;
- An addition of two floors and a restructuring of the ground floor as well as the rooftop with its 360° view over Nice;
- 70 journeymen on peak for the macro-lot and 250 on peak for all the lots.
The work, which began in the second quarter of 2019, ended in December 2022 with the delivery of the hotel complex. Congratulations to our teams for this star-studded renovation.
Architect: Jean Paul Gomis
Project manager: SETEC
Control office: APAVE