It is in the district Deux-Rives, into a fast-changing urban pahse, situated in is the east of Strasbourg, that the Sensations project, by Eiffage Construction for Bouygues immobilier, will be finished in 2019.
Sensations is an exemplary project of wooden building of big height joining the Eco approach "Strasbourg Métropole Deux Rives". The project will be contituated of 146 housing on three buildings, two of a 8-storeyed height and the third of a 11-storeyed height.
Sensations innovate and is considerated as a pionner because the building big height will include:
- Floors, elevators pits, facades and staircases 100 % wood
- A manufacturing panels allowing to reach a passive energy level
- An improvement of the air quality inside thanks to materials with low pollutant emission
- The use of false ceilings eliminating 80 % of the main COV (organic compounds fowls)
- Categorized murals A + allowing a low emission of solvents
- Flooring composed of natural and recyclable materials
A solution of economic thermal comfort is also possible thanks to the use of a reversible floor which covers the needs for heating in winter and the needs for refreshment in summer.
Sensations allows to: " mobilize old know-how and offer through his its multiple stakes new perspectives to an economic forest-wood pathway" according to Roland Ries, the mayor of Strasbourg.