Located in the heart of Brussels' European district and a stone’s throw from the European Commission, The One has just been officially delivered to the Belgian developer Atenor following three and a half years of work by the Eiffage Benelux teams, a subsidiary of Eiffage Construction.
The One Tower is the first project to emerge from the ground within the framework of the urban landscape law carried by the Brussels region. This large-scale operation responds in every way to the objectives of this law aimed at strengthening the international visibility of Brussels through the promotion of high-quality offices and making the European construction of housing units.
The One offers a mix of uses with dwellings, offices and shops within the same building:
- 7,900m² of floor area is dedicated to 97 apartments spread over 20 floors,
- 29,250 m² of floor space on 22 floors are dedicated to scalable office space sold last December by Atenor to the German investment company Deka Immobilien Investment Gmbh,
- 650 m² of shops have been integrated at the foot of the tower.
The building is designed to be energy passive with very low consumption. It aims for the standard passive certification 2015 thanks to:
- lighting management: 44% of the total surface area of the façades is made up of glass windows with sunscreens,
- the high-performance insulation of the building,
- management of external inputs and optimisation of heating and cooling techniques by the recovery of rainwater in the cooling system.
With the delivery of this new 94-metre tower, Eiffage Construction is one of the most expert companies in the design and realization of IGH. Among its most emblematic references are the Hypérion wooden tower in Bordeaux, the Majunga office towers (La Défense) and Silex² in Lyon...