Our Eiffage Construction teams in the South-East of France are helping to renew the city and the lives of inhabitants! They have just won the design and build contract for the Iliade residence, whose work consists of raising the height of the building, refurbishing it and making it more residential, and is being carried out for Pays d'Aix Habitat Métropole, on an occupied site.
Located in rue Calmette et Guérin in Aix en Provence, it is composed of 7 buildings divided into 3 blocks, 18 entrances, with the elevation of one level over the existing 36 additional housing units, which are designed by the architectural firms Ateliers Paris and Mégard.
Thanks to their elevation by one level, the new buildings will integrate sustainable solutions into the project:
- The wood-frame walls will be prefabricated in the factory, and their industrialisation will reduce the carbon footprint, nuisance on the site, as well as deadlines, for optimum manufacturing quality. A real carbon trap, wood is a material that provides an excellent level of energy performance;
- Photovoltaic panels will be installed on the roof, allowing residents to consume their own energy production.
A workshop for reuse and recycling on site will be carried out, with the support of R-Aedificare. In terms of energy, the dwellings will be connected to the collective heating system on the city's hot water loop.
The work will help to improve the living environment and take into account the handicap and ageing of the population by adapting all the existing sanitary facilities.
The residence also has buildings with independent garages and outdoor spaces (parking lots and green areas).
The project will be carried out using the BIM (Building Management Information) method. The digital mock-up will cover the entire plot of land, including the building and the outdoor areas.
Congratulations to the teams and thanks to our partners:
- Project owner: PAYS D'AIX HABITAT METROPOLE
- Assistant project manager: TPFI
- MOUS: SOLIHA Provence
- Architect : ATELIER PARIS & ASSOCIES
- Architect (wood): MEGARD ARCHITECTE
- Landscaper : Brusseau Paysage
- Structural design: HUGO TECH
- FLUIDS CONTRACTOR : SOLAIR
- CIVIL ENGINEERING : VERDI
- ACOUSTIC DESIGN : VENATECH
- Re-use workshop: R-Aedificare