Located in Bessines sur Gartempe (87), Orano's new Centre for Innovation in Extractive Metallurgy (CIME) was inaugurated in the presence of Prime Minister Jean Castex and Minister Delegate for Transport Jean-Baptiste Djebbari. The 8300sqm building, built by our Eiffage Construction Limousin teams, was delivered last April.
The new building brings together research activities and laboratories, and makes it possible to increase the surface area of the unit dedicated to setting up industrial pilots, in particular for recycling electric batteries. Orano is investing in order to implement mineral extraction techniques in laboratories before industrializing these methods in many countries.
The building is divided into two distinct areas: a laboratory area and an office area with modular partitions. To move from one area to the other, a corridor with large windows was built to allow the prototypes made in the pilot hall to be viewed.
The site was extremely dense in terms of networks, which is why a precise synthesis was carried out using BIM. In the detail of the installations of this 2-storey building with a pilot hall and 8.50 m high concrete frame columns, we find :
- A specific network for the attack fume cupboards and an 8 m high washing tower,
- An effluent treatment station to control the quality of the water leaving the installation,
- An internal collector of 2 m diameter connected to an external chimney of 24 m height with a control beacon at the top,
- 500 m of benches and 60 fume cupboards,
- Stainless steel hoods in some laboratories.
This operation involved 18 construction workers on the shell and 150 on all trades, as well as various Eiffage professions: in addition to Eiffage Construction, Eiffage Route carried out the roadworks, and Clévia - Eiffage Energie Systèmes' brand dedicated to climate and energy engineering - the special fluids.
Congratulations to our teams and thanks to our partners:
- Owner: ORANO MINES
- Architectural project manager: AFA
- Technical project manager: ARTELIA
- General contractor: EIFFAGE CONSTRUCTION LIMOUSIN
- Technical lots: SPIE CVC & SPIE ELEC & SOPCZ & CLEVIA