Eiffage Construction Industries has delivered its first Hva Concept® prefabricated rooms to Eklo, the economical and eco-responsible hotel chain. Its third hotel, BBC building in wooden frame with 98 rooms, was inaugurated in Lille in June. The result: a cleaner project, completed in just five months!
This operation is the result of the meeting between the Eklo project, which offers an eco-responsible hotel from its construction to its exploitation, and Eiffage Construction Industries' new product Hva Concept®, the prefabricated chamber in its Factory in Fresnay-sur-Sarthe. An already proven concept with the modular industrialized bathroom, created in 2008.
The building permit was filed in May 2016 and the hotel was opened in June 2017 only.
This solution allows:
- The fluidification of on-site coordination;
- The reduction of site hours by outsourcing in factories;
- The guarantee of a constant final quality level;
- The reduction of reserves;
- Participation in the reduction of the overall construction period;
- Reduction of future maintenance costs over the life of the building;
- The significant reduction of the quantity of waste on site.
This fruitful collaboration has a future: several projects in wood and hybrid wood / steel construction are under study.