Eiffage Benelux, its subsidiary Valens and the subsidiaries of Eiffage Energie Systèmes Clemessy,
VSE and Collignon
officially opened the Hal Gate tunnel in Brussels almost two years after the renovation work began. This is the first intuitive and connected European tunnel!
Eiffage Group teams are proud to deliver Europe’s first connected tunnel. Thanks to the quality of services and expertise implemented on this renovation site, the Hal Gate tunnel benefits from technologies that allow for advanced automation and a high level of safety for its users.
This renovation operation included:
- replacing roads,
- building fire protection (ceilings, sidewalks, technical spaces),
- refurbishing emergency exits and creating additional exits,
- refurbishing technical spaces,
- new MT and BT stations,
- installing 20 accelerator fans,
- installing measuring and safety instruments (anemometers, CO sensors, CO2, fire detection, etc.).
The Hal Gate Tunnel is the first tunnel in the Brussels Region to fully meet such high safety standards.
The tunnel is not only technically new, it also has stage lighting: "This is the first time that such an artistic intervention has emerged in a tunnel in Brussels. It is when motorists travel at 50 km/h that they enjoy the maximum effect of this set design", says Pascal Smet, Brussels Minister for Mobility and Public Works.