The French Building Federation (FFB) held the 17th edition of the Behind the Scenes of the Building on 10, 11 and 12 October. Nearly 200 yards and workshops were exceptionally opened to the public, including 12 yards in Eiffage Construction throughout France, which welcomed more than 500 students and high school students as well as elected officials and regional media.
The Behind the Scenes of the Building Days aim to promote the building trades to the general public, whether they are school or simply curious, who will be able to meet men and women who are builders and proud to be so. Carpenter, metal worker, painter, mason, electrician… Thirty exciting trades are to be discovered. Construction sites and workshops of all sizes – hospitals, museums, high schools, single houses, apartment buildings and offices – usually forbidden to the public, will unveil their behind-the-scenes, all over France.
Eiffage Construction has allowed many students to discover the underside of the following twelve construction sites:
- La Marina at Isle-Adam
- Espace Révolution in Limoge
- Patinoire du centre sportif Guy Boissière in Lezennes
- Résidence Blaise Pascal at Beaucouzé
- IUT of Auch
- Parking de la Montagne Verte in Mulhouse
- Multiplex Cinéplanet in Aix-en-Provence
- UTEP de Bel Air of Arnage
- EHPAD – Idron in Pau
- Résidence Parc Miragarri of Anglet
- La Scène nationale in Clermont-Ferrand
- Patio de Fetilly at La Rochelle
A large-scale operation that is working, fully appreciated and which has undoubtedly given rise to future vocations among students.