After 22 months of works, the big B' Est shopping mall of Farébersviller was inaugurated on April 11th, 2018 in the presence of hundred customers impatient to discover this complex of more than 32 hectares.
It is the biggest private construction work of the region Grand Est of 2017, builds in conception - realization by Eiffage Construction Metz for the group Codic.
Implanted at the centerof the countryside of the region Moselle at 50 km away from Metz and 10 km away of the German border, the new B' Est shopping mall extends over one kilometer long and its surface is equivalent to eight soccer fields.
The center of Farébersviller combines at the same time shopping and leisure activities:
- The part " B' Shop " is a shopping gallery 400 meters of more 100 shops and restaurants,
- The part "B' Fun" is an immense internal space of 5 500 m ² dedicated to the leisure activities. This space includes multiple activities such as a bowling alley on two floors, a fitness room, a laser game, a ground of basketball etc. …
The site allowed the creation of 750 jobs in hundred signs.
The project, designed by the cabinet SCAU, benefits from a high-quality architectural and landscaped treatment and will be exemplary from the point of view of the sustainable development, in particular regarding the management of the energy. He joins in the certification BREEAM and HQE Arrangement.
The B' Est shopping mall aims to be respectful of the surrounding nature with:
- 18 hectares of green spaces, it is more than half center,
- 40 % of the used materials come from the region and from its neighborhood,
- 4 700m ² of solar panels,
- 25 400 trees and standing shrubs.
The total value of the works amounts to 64 million euros.
Photo credit : © Yvan Glavie