A centrepiece of the Aritxague-Melville-Lynch Concerted Development Area, this Artisans Village was officially inaugurated on April 17 in the presence of many personalities. The project is part of the Economic Development Scheme of the Basque Country Community. Entrusted to Eiffage Immobilier’s teams, this village aims to support production crafts by bringing together a panel of artisans close to their customers.
The project was won in 2016 by Eiffage Immobilier following the call for projects of the Basque Country Agglomeration Community. The work was carried out by the teams of Eiffage Construction and Eiffage Energie Systèmes took care of the electricity lots.
With an area of more than 3,000 m² divided into 5 buildings, the project welcomes 21 artisans, each benefiting from a 157 m² workshop. The various workshops offer a wide variety of expertise (carpentry, structural, electrical, painting, cleaning, plumbing, maintenance of Vmc, fire safety, etc.) to meet the needs of the inhabitants and businesses of the Basque Country.
The architects of the project, Patxi gardra and Patrick Arotcharen, imagined a village structured around a vegetated square offering relaxation areas for the 60 employees. The creation of gentle pathways between buildings allows pedestrian traffic. Parking spaces and delivery areas have been created to facilitate the smooth running of craft activities and the reception of customers.
Un grand succès pour ce concept puisque 100% des cellules ont été commercialisées par Eiffage immobilier qui souhaite reproduire ce concept de « village d’artisans » sur d’autres territoires.
Persons present at the ceremony:
- Jean-René Etchegaray, President of the Communauté d'agglomération Pays Basque and Mayor of Bayonne
- Claude Olive, First Vice-President of the Departmental Council of the Pyrénées-Atlantiques and Mayor of Anglet
- Sylvie Durruty, Vice-President of the Basque Country Urban Community in charge of Economy and Innovation
- Michel Etchebest, Mayor of Mauléon and Vice-President of the Basque Country agglomeration community in charge of economic development
- Hervé Lapastoure, Director Eiffage Immobilier Sud-Ouest