On March 21st, Patrick Beaudouin, mayor of Saint-Mandé and vice-president of the Metropolis of Big Paris and Olivier Genis, president of Eiffage Construction, laid the foundations of the new public equipment " Associations - Culture - Innovation " in Saint-Mandé in the presence of Olivier Pelat, president of Europequipements, Patrick Ollier, president of the Metropolis of Big Paris and mayor of Rueil-Malmaison et Jacques JP MARTIN, president of the Territorial Public institution Paris Est Marne&Bois and mayor of Nogent-sur-Marne.
The city of Saint-Mandé entrusted to Eiffage Construction with the firm of architects Goes-PERON the design-realization of this sociocultural equipment of a value of 9 million euros.
The project is located at the center of a district of social housing environment of 908 housing with social vocation:
- The estate Pasteur welcomes 366 social housing,
- The group SNI (real estate national company) around the hospital Bégin manages 234 housing,
- Valophis Habitat built in 2012 129 student housing and 59 social-family housing and the construction of 120 housing on the influence of the hospital Bégin is in progress.
Located at the east of the municipality, this new equipment will allow to re-revitalize and to strengthen the attractiveness of this district, which suffers from a strong sociocultural deficit of equipments today.
The project will be a facilitator of social link and to live better together. Indeed, inside this equipment, are going to be grouped " house of associations ", "community center", " house for all ", and other activities bounded to the youth and to the intergenerational links.
This project will be implanted on a 950 m ² plot of land and plans to welcome:
- a space home-welcome at the ground floor, opened out on the City, also inclusing a big multi-purpose hall,
- an auditorium which the use* will be split between the cultural and associative activities of the city, the colloquiums and the demonstrations organized by Européquipements and other speakers,
- common equipments including some desks,
- municipal activities,
- associative activities,
- a space co-working is planned at the last floor of this building.
The duration of the works will be of 16 months and the opening of the equipment is planned at the start of the school year of 2019.