Booking.com's headquarters in the spotlight! After obtaining BREEAM Very Good environmental certification a few weeks ago, it has just been nominated for the "Building of The Year 2021" award organised by the architecture site Archdaily in the Office category: proof of its environmental and architectural quality. So don't wait any longer, you have until 10 February 2021 to vote!
Remember, it was 2019: the delivery of the new offices for the online booking site Booking.com, promoted by Eiffage Immobilier and SEM Ville Renouvelée.
This 8,000 m² building, designed by the Colfedy agency, has just been nominated for its architectural quality.
The project continues to impress: a few weeks ago, it was awarded BREEAM Very Good certification ("Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method"), the most widely used building certification standard worldwide, which guarantees respect for the environment (both ecological and socio-cultural aspects) from the design stage through to the end of the building's life. The elements that have contributed to this certification are numerous:
- An ideal urban location close to public transport (metro, bus, train station)
- Improved air quality through ventilation rates higher than current regulations
- A heat recovery system for energy savings
- A water leakage prevention and detection system to control water consumption.
- A meticulous choice of long-lasting, high-performance materials such as concrete pre-walls incorporating insulation on the exterior wall side.
- A large patio planted with trees in the heart of the building allows biodiversity to be integrated into the office.
Congratulations to all the teams who worked on this remarkable project! To let them know your admiration and send them your congratulations, you can vote for this operation which has just been nominated for the annual Archdaily Architecture Site Award :
Credit: Michel Denancé