On March 23rd, the middle school of Estérel was inaugurated, realized within the framework of a Public Private Partnership ( PPP), in the presence of Emmanuel Ethis, vice-chancellor of the academy(regional education authority) of Nice Chancelier of Universities, Marc Giraud, departmental president of council of the Var and Marc Legrand, Director of Eiffage Concessions.
The Department of the Var had confided to Eiffage Concessions, via his subsidiary COLOGEN, Eiffage Construction and Eiffage Energie the demolition and the reconstruction of the college of Estérel - built in 1978 - within the framework of a Public Private Partnership (PPP). This contract of a total amount of 66M€, also includes the construction and the renovation of two other colleges - in Carcès and in Seyne on Sea - delivered earlier in the year.
After 1 and a half year of works and for an amount of 24M€, the middle school of Estérel can welcome 800 pupils on a surface of 7000 m ². It includes 22 classes of general education and 13 classes specialized as well as a multi-purpose hall.
To improve the safety of the pupils, the square of entrance was widened and moved with regard to give evidence minute and in bus stops.
The Department of the Var watched that the architectural project of the new college joins the current urban area to the protected environment.
Designed by the architect Jean-Michel Gomez of the cabinet BBG, the college of Estérel was designed with including bioclimatic objectives:
- the appeal to the organic materials - sourcés or in materials of local origin,
- the integration of the solutions of reduction of the needs for heating and the use of the renewable energies,
- the implementation of a waste management in particular of the selective sorting for the restoration,
- the photovoltaic solar production (500 m ² of panels) and the vegetated treatment of certain roofs,
- the obtaining of two labels: Effinergie + and BEPOS,
- needs for heating = 5 kWh / (m ².an).